A change for this year – the Archdiocese Meet program will not be available for sale at the venue, but here it is to download and print.
16-AOP Champs Book
It’s free to print if you print it from work. Sort of.
Congratulations to everyone that made it this far. Below is a reminder of who is in the various relays in case you’re not sure. In fact, if you’re not clear if your son or daughter is participating, it might be best to send me a little note.
2016 Area A Champs Final Results (Qualifying teams/individuals in green)
Relay teams will stay exactly as they were for the Area Meet. Run well.
2016 Archdiocesan Champs – Time Schedule
Here again is the time schedule, please be there in plenty of time. The meet will go on, rain or shine. Luckily, we’ll be under cover – aim for section SD (think San Diego or Scooby Doo.) If there is thunder/lighting, the event will be paused as it was at Penn Relays.
Travel safe, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
More Information from the Archdiocese:
We are back at Franklin Field this year, where the track layout and rules changes are producing:
- 3 heats of 5 teams in the 4x200m for every age group
- Athletes may NOT use the fly zone for the 4x200m per CYO Track and Field rules
- All 4x200s this year will be 2 turn staggers (first 2 runners in lanes, 3rd and 4th legs may break in)
- 4x400s will use a waterfall start from the gun. The 1st leg will not be run in lanes. There will be 2 heats.
- Lane preference at Franklin Field for all races run entirely in lanes: 6,7,8,9,5,4,3,2
- The “natural 400 meter” lane at Franklin Field is now lane 4. There will be cones between lanes 3 and 4 all around the track for the 4x800m, 1600m, 800m, and 4x400m. Please prepare your athletes for this in advance!
- Shot Put is outside the stadium, at the Rivers Fields (next to the turf Rhodes field). There will be signs directing athletes and spectators from Franklin Field. An open pit is held beginning at 9am for Shot Put athletes with conflicts later in the day. Directions to River Fields Parking Lot (for parking purposes only)
Teams must provide their own batons for all relay races.
Medals will be awarded to the to top 6 individuals and relays in all events. Team awards will be given out for overall scoring to top 3 boys and girls teams. Medals will be awarded from the alcove by the Northwest Gate (as we have in the past). Medals not picked up before the conclusion of the meet will be forfeited.
Results will be posted near the awards table.
Commemorative t-shirts ($15) and CYO track dri-fit long sleeve shirts ($20) will be for sale in the alcove near the Southwest Gate
Seating will be restricted to the South and part of the East Stands. The North stands (adjacent to Long Jump) are closed for renovations on the Upper Deck.